New Hero: Anduin, King of Stormwind
With Shalamayne by his side, Anduin, King of Stormwind, has entered the Nexus to take his place by his warrior father's side. Anduin is a Ranged Healer who comes with an arsenal of abilities aimed at keeping his teammates alive, but also has the potential to unleash the Light's swift justice to enemies on the battlefield.
- Leap of Faith (D)
- Faith instantly pulls an allied Hero to Anduin's location, granting them Unstoppable while they travel
- Flash Heal (Q)
- Cast for 0.75 seconds to heal an allied Hero for 260
- Cost: 30 mana
- Cooldown: 4 seconds
- Divine Star (W)
- Send light that deals 140 damage to enemies and then returns to Anduin, healing allied Heroes for 130 in a wider path. Healing increases by 25% per enemy Hero hit.
- Cost: 45 mana
- Cooldown: 9 seconds
- Chastise (E)
- Shove a swell of light forward, dealing 145 damage to the first enemy Hero hit and Rooting them for 1.25 seconds
- Cost: 40 mana
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
- Holy Word: Salvation (R1)
- After 0.5 seconds, Channel to invoke the Light for 3 seconds. While nearby, allied Heroes heal for up to 25% of their max Health and are Protected.
- Cost: 70 mana
- Cooldown: 80 seconds
- Lightbomb (R2)
- Imbue an allied Hero with the Light. After 1.5 seconds, it explodes, dealing 150 damage to enemies and Stunning them for 1.25 seconds. The target gains a Shield that absorbs 140 damage per enemy Hero hit. Lasts for 5 seconds.
- Cost: 70 mana
- Cooldown: 60 seconds
Anduin counts with a total of 8 skins; counting with his default one, he has 2 extra Base skins unlocked when purchasing the character, 2 Rare skins and 3 Epic skins, themed after the Heroes of the Storm event MechaStorm.Base Skins: Darkshire Anduin, Redridge AnduinRare Skins: Elwynn Anduin, Westfall AnduinEpic Skins: Neo-President Anduin, Neo-Vigilante Anduin, Neo-Steel AnduinAs threats mounted against his nation, Neo-President Wrynn authorized the production of an all-new line of mecha. Should evil descend from the stars once more, MechaStorm will have the full strength of Neo-Stormwind behind them.
Thanks to Zelaria on Reddit
for providing Anduin's jokes!
- Please, now is not the time for that. Also, it will never be the time for that.
- The Light will abolish the Shadow in all its forms! I personally would never resort to its dark methods. Except when playing Hearthstone. Sometimes that game brings out the worst in me.
- A lot of people don’t realize how difficult and …awkward it is to grow up in the spotlight, your every success and every failure laid bare in front of the entire world…..of warcraft.
- Mhh? Oh! Actually, I am still wearing the helmet, it’s just transmogrified to “hidden.”
- You know those Shadow Priests are a bad influence. If one mind controlled you and asked you to jump off a bridge, would you do it? The answer is “yes,” by the way. Yuck!
- Oh crud! I forgot to cast fortify on the group. Eh. I’m sure one of the other Priests on the battleground will get it.
- When you really think about it, isn’t every race in the Alliance and Allied Race?
- In Pandaren board games the goal is for both players to win. In Hearthstone the goal is for me to beat you to death. With your own minions.
- There will be peace. One day. At least I think there will. How many WoW expansions are left again? ….Oh… ohh.. oh. Well. Well then.
- Why did the Priesthood call it a Leap of Faith? No one leaps and it certainly doesn’t require faith. I’ve always thought “Lifegrip” would be more accurate.
- A Paladin, a Medic, a DJ, the Archangel of Hope, and a Priest walk into a bar. The bartender stops them and says “Ey! No support groups!”
- My father always said everything the Light touches is our kingdom. But not Deadwind Pass. We don’t go there.
Anduin's reveal happened over the course of 3 days, with the first picture showing a Light effect with a background composed of Alliance blue and gold, and the second picture displaying Shalamayne's hilt, glowing bright with the Light. Shalamayne chose Anduin as its owner during Legion, when Anduin uncovered it from the battlefield where Varian was killed by Gul'dan.
Other WoW Additions on the Heroes PTR
More WoW additions were documented on the Heroes PTR, including new skins for Varian and a new mount, Anduin's Horse, Reverence!
New Varian Skins
Varian, Anduin's father, has received a new set of skins, resembling Stormwind guards. Sergeants browbeat unruly recruits with tales of a footman named Varian who refused promotion again and again, despite slaying hundreds of foes, because he preferred to remain on the frontlines.Epic Skins: Stormwind Footman Varian, Stromgarde Footman Varian, Kul Tiran Footman Varian
New Mount: Reverence
A new mount was added to Heroes of the Storm: the horse Reverence! Reverence is Anduin's horse. In WoW Anduin is seen riding on Reverence during A Batalha por Lordaeron
. Counting with 3 different tints, Reverence's original tint is very similar to WoW's rendition. Born to carry princes and kings into battle, Reverence was named not just for his passengers, but for the awe his unstoppable charge inspires.Mount Skins: Reverence, Darkshire Reverece, Redridge Reverence