You'll notice in today's new Beta update that battle pet currency has changed. Here are the main changes:
- Pet Charms will be named Patuá de Mascote Brilhantes. Shiny Pet Charms continue to be acquired by doing pre-BFA battle pet content.
- A new currency has been added -- Polished Pet Charms. These are acquired by doing BFA content, such as Pet Battle World Quests.
- Vendors that sell battle pet items that are always useful have had their wares changed to require new Patuá de Mascote Polidos as currency. For example, the vendor Serr’ah in Dalaran now wants the new Patuá de Mascote Polidos. Similar vendors who sell such items have had their costs adjusted as well.
- Vendors that sell things like unique pets or toys that have always required Patuá de Mascote Brilhantes will still require Patuá de Mascote Brilhantes. For example, Giada Goldleash in Dalaran will still sell all of her pets and toys for Shiny Pet Charms.
- The Portal para Mascotes Portátil item, which was an achievement reward for completing 30 of the Pet Battle World Quests on the Broken Isles, will be added to a vendor with a Patuá de Mascote Polido cost. This is to avoid players feeling obligated to farm previous expansion’s world quests. You can do current content to catch yourself up. This is coming in a future Beta build.
- Ultimate Battle-Training Stones are going to have their cost increased from 45 to 60 Pet Charms.
What this means for you: always-useful items will eventually move to the new currency, so you don't feel obligated to do older content. If you still need pets from older content, they are purchasable with that content's charms.
Spend those charms!
There will not be a conversion, nor will you lose them.