First of all, Zanzarful and I want to thank you all for the questions you gave us to ask the botter in our interview. We certainly had some WTF moments in this interview But still, we wanted to get some insightful information into the community as a whole botting in World of Warcraft.
It was really hard to find a botter that actually wanted to do an interview and we did not expect it would be easy because it is a pretty closed world. But still, we could get some great info about the whole community.
You can listen to the podcast here;
Here are the questions we asked the botter;
How long have you been botting?
- How did you start/get in contact?
- Is he botting on home computers or some virtual servers? I can only assume that it needs a huge processing power to have that many clients online, energy costs at home would also probably be super huge. - Lembaspl’s
- Do you feel blizzard does an adequate job at bot detection? - ChaoticNeutralFTW
- What is your goal with botting? (what is the reason behind it) - IT-resolves
- What is the botting community like? - IT-resolves
- How much of your botting process is self-made and how much is made by others? Do you write your own bots, or pay for them? - IT-resolves - DirtyIby
- Do you simultaneously play the game legitimately - TomleBadger
- What is your perspective on botting? - TomleBadger
- How many accounts did you bot with? - DirtyIrby
- How do you play the cat and mouse game of trying to stay ahead of Blizzard’s cheat detection?
- Which economic activities do your bots, and other bots in general, automate? Besides gathering, is crafting being automated? How about buying and selling on the AH? - DirtyIrby
- I'd like to hear a little about the differences between paid/private bots and the free/public ones and the types of people that use them. What do they do differently, and how much of an effect does it have on their earnings and ban rates?
- I'd also be interested to know how they pick realms. What factors do they take into consideration? - Fisherman_Gabe
- Did the input broadcasting ban have any effect on your botting operation? - ChaoticNeutralFTW & DirtyIrby
- Do you know the extent of the botting software/program? like running a fishing bot or something else - Idontupvotereposts
- Do you think botting should be allowed by Blizzard and why? - BigFudgere
- Are botting raw materials good for the wow economy when it’s about the cheaper crafts gold makers can make? - Cathbadh
- Are there techniques, bypasses, workarounds, or anything on botting topic - vodka
- What's their view on the ethics of botting? - Samadan
- What’s being more botted at the moment retail or classic?
- Did you get caught? How often did it happen? How long were the bans?
- What kind of addons did you use while botting and posting on the auction house?
- Did you have a couple of returning buyers for in-game items/materials?
- Did you have a couple of returning buyers for selling gold? People/guilds/websites that you consistently sold gold to? How much money did you make?
- Level boosting with botting in dungeons? How does it work?
- Is it easy to get into the botting community?
- What would impact the botting community hardest in a policy change from blizzard?
- How would u solve the botting problem and do you think Blizzard is doing enough?
- Is WoW the most popular botted game? What other MMORPG’s are popular for botters
I hope you guys enjoy it even if it is not the most positive subject in the World of Warcraft, but we think it is important to give it more attention, especially to Blizzard about this problem.
Hello guys, I found quite a spot for farming eggs, it nets me around 50 eggs per 4 minutes, that's under 1 hour for that mount(500) or few bunnies(200) if you wish to get those for sale.
At this moment I would not recommend to sell any of these though, since prices are cut down to half.
Think this as an invesment that you can sell let's say in 6-9 months from now.
At the time of posting this, mount is 60k in kazzak-eu, and it was 100-120k just few days ago. So be careful when to post.
Spot is in here:
Spot is really simpler, just sit in the middle on all those red cricles, and you are good to go!
little video about the spot: https://youtu.be/ztpU_P8EBeE
EDIT: It seems a lot of people are not getting same rate for eggs that I am. I have no concrete facts what causes it, but it could be about how many players there are picking them up near you, as in forced spawn rates what we all know from 4x2 farming.
Burning Crusade Time Walking is here this week with the 50% increase to reputation gains in BC content.
I've made a list of all available reputation-based recipes. Feel free to use it.
Link to document (select the 'Rep' tab): https://tinyurl.com/bva46vvv