Since the launch of Terras Sombrias
, we've been constantly evaluating and reacting to the player experience in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. In previous weeks, we've made surgical changes to address pain points. This week, with the opening of a much more difficult section of the tower, we've seen a great deal of feedback from players that we feel is best addressed with a whole slate of updates. Some of these changes have already gone live with hotfixes over the last 24 hours, and the rest will be applied to the game today (and possibly tomorrow).In summary, we want to reduce the length of a Torghast run, increase players' success rates for a few specializations that are struggling more than the others, and give players more options in dealing with the challenges that Torghast presents. Here are the changes we're making:Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- Health and damage of all creatures in Torghast reduced by 6% at Layer 1, increasing to 26% at Layer 8.
Developers' note: The net effect should be that Layer 8 is now roughly as difficult as Layer 6 was prior to this change, with other Layers' difficulty is reduced proportionally.
Health of all creatures reduced for players in groups by up to 25%.
Damage of all creatures reduced for 4- and 5-player groups by up to 20%.
When the Empowered enemy at the end of a floor is a spellcaster, they should now have a longer delay between their basic magic damage spells.
- Developers' note: The goal of this change is to make powerful spellcasters less punishing for specializations that lack a frequent interrupt.
For all classes, major cooldowns will now reset when you transition to a new floor.
- Developers' note: This functionality should mirror the way cooldowns reset at the end of a raid encounter, or when starting a Pedra-chave Mítica dungeon, affecting most abilities with a cooldown of 3 minutes or longer.
Enemies Bosses Torments and Recônditos Superiores
- The starting Anima Cell in Torghast now offers a stronger selection of Anima powers.
- Anima Cells dropped by rare creatures within Torghast now always have at least 3 choices to choose from.
- The chance for an Anima Cell to drop from a creature on any given floor has been increased.
- Poder Inatural no longer provides immunity to crowd controlling effects at 10 stacks.
- Fracturing Forces and Eye of Skoldus enemies' health and damage reduced by 50%, now increase assassin health by 5% per stack (was 10%).
- Fracturing Forces and Eye of Skoldus enemies will no longer ambush players who have recently been in combat.
- Diretiva do Carcereiro now increases health by 10% (was 50%).
You'll find all of the changes above noted in our ongoing Hotfixes Update post soon
after they go live.