em seu navegador.
This Week in WoW History: Tom Chilton Retires, Echoes of Doom, Dragons of Nightmare
11/10/2017 em 12:55
Hey everyone, and welcome to another bit of WoW History! Every week, we look down at important events that happened in WoW for that week!
Another member of the WoW team moves on, and we have a lot of instanced content! Shall we begin?
October 13th, 2016
Tom Chilton steps down as Game Director
. The artist formerly known as Kalgan announced to be retiring from his functions as Game Director for World of Warcraft. He was one of the three Lead Designers for the Burning Crusade expansion (along with Rob Pardo and Jeffrey Kaplan), and the sole Lead Designer for Wrath of the Lich King. From Cataclysm onward, he was promoted to Game Director. Since his retirement, the Game Director spot went to Ion "Watcher" Hazzikostas.
Not to worry though, he didn't retire for good! He's currently working on a secret project with Blizzard. Maybe we'll find out more about it at this year's Blizzcon?
Check out when we reported this, as well as Kalgan's farewell message!
October 14th, 2014
Patch 6.0.2 is released! This is The Iron Tide, the prepatch to the Warlords of Draenor expansion, implementing many of the features to be used in the expansion. Highlights include:
New Character Models
- All the vanilla WoW races (Humans, Gnomes, Dwarves, Night Elves, Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, and Undead) received a model overhaul, increasing their model textures while retaining much of the original feel for the races. Draenei and Blood Elves would also receive overhauls later in WoD.
If you're feeling nostalgic, you can see the old character models with an option on the System > Advanced menu.
Iron Horde Incursion
- The pre-expansion event. The Iron Horde has turned the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands red and started their invasion of Azeroth from there, with one of the main casualties being the Alliance stronghold, Nethergarde Keep. One of the rewards from the event was a
Caixa Presa no Tempo
, that can drop from the Iron Horde mobs.
Like in the Fall of Theramore, you can visit the past and witness Blasted Lands before the Iron Horde invasion by talking to
, on the border of Blasted Lands and Swamp of Sorrows.
Dungeon Revamp: Upper Blackrock Spire
- Blackrock Spire has been taken by
Senhora da Guerra Zaela
and the Ironmarch Expedition, and plans on destroying Stormwind with an army of Iron Stars. Stop her in this specially remade instance!
- Stats on every single piece of gear ingame have been reduced, to make stat increase linear accross all levels. To make sure soloing past raids is still easy, players will now deal significantly increased damage against enemies at least 10 levels below them.
- Many changes also happened to help alleviate inventory slot issues, such as:
Tradeskill materials can now stack up to 200 items.
Toy Box - Fun items obtained in your journeys can now be learned and they go to your Toy Box, where you can organize and see how many you have or are missing!
Reagent Bank - A new bank tab exclusive for profession reagents. You can now stack and organize your reagents very quickly.
Check out our patch 6.0.2 Survival Guide!
October 14th, 2011
On this day, PTR testing for the Cataclysm's Caverns of Time instances started, with a major focus on the
Nascente da Eternidade
When you zone into the instance, your entire party is turned into Night Elves, and your mission here is to ensure the events that will lead to the Great Sundering will happen. Help young, uncorrupted Illidan reach the Well of Eternity and retrieve some of it's powerful magical waters. Bosses in this instance include:
- Fellow Highborne and close friend to Xavius, Peroth'arn was the first person to receive the Satyr's Gift from Xavius himself.
- The Light of Lights, Queen of the Highborne, and responsible for summoning the Legion into the Well. You don't directly fight her in the instance, instead fighting some of her advisors. She's again seen during the Azsuna questline as a vision to Prince Farondis, but we have yet to deal with her.
- They both serve as the last line of defense of the Well of Eternity. Mannoroth is the Pit Lord whose blood would eventually corrupt the entire Orc race, and Varo'then is the leader of Azshara's Royal Guard.
Check out our Well of Eternity preview!
October 14th, 2008 - Echoes of Doom Patch
Patch 3.0.2 is released! This is Echoes of Doom, the pre Wrath of the Lich King patch, implementing many features from the expansion. Highlights include:
- Achievements are finally introduced! An all-new way to track your progression ingame. If you logged on this day, any and all retroactive achievements will have this date.
New Profession: Inscription
- This profession allows players to create items such as Darkmoon Cards, Glyphs and Runes.
New Mounts and Pets Tab
- Now, instead of wasting inventory slots, mounts and pets can be learned and accessible in an exclusive tab where you can easily organize them. Mount and pet collectors rejoiced!
- Barber Shops have opened all across capital cities! Now you're able to customize your character's hair and accessories for a very small fee. Visiting and customizing your character on a barber shop will give you the achievement
Barba e cabelo
Dalaran has emerged!
- The magical city of Dalaran has emerged from it's location in the Alterac Mountains and left a massive crater behind. Dalaran became the major site of operations on the efforts against the Lich King, and it was brought to the Crystalsong Forest in Northrend.
You can check the old patch notes here!
October 10th, 2005
Patch 1.8.0 is released! This is the Dragons of Nightmare patch, which marked the first appearance of the Dragons of Nightmare! Highlights include:
New World Boss: Dragons of Nightmare
- Mysterious portals to the Emerald Dream in
Floresta do Crepúsculo
started pouring dragons corrupted within the Emerald Dream.
would appear a few times per week, one up at a time, and would drop gear with Nature Resistance with it.
With the Shattering that happened with Cataclysm, those Dragons were removed from the game. Ysondre, the leader of the Dragons of Nightmare, became a questgiver in Feralas, in a quest involving the redemption of them all. This proves successful for a time, as Ysondre was again drawn back to the corruption, and became a
O Pesadelo Esmeralda
The portals that the Dragons of Nightmare used to spawn from are now used as pathways for Druids, in their Class Hall.
We datamined possible
Timewalking Dragons of Nightmare
in Patch 7.2.5 - could these be part of the anniversary event?
- Silithus has received a complete revamp, as the Twilight's Hammer show it's presence in the zone, and the druids of the
investigate them. This is the very first step towards the
massive event to open the gates of Ahn'Qiraj
Druid Talent revamp
- Druids received some very significant changes that perdure to this day, including the birth of the universally loved
Forma de Luniscante
You can check the super old patch notes here, on the ancient WoW Website!
You know, my first ever contact with the Dragons of Nightmare was on a level 40 druid. I was levelling in Duskwood and I thought Emeriss was a quest mob. Needless to say I died pretty fast...
Do you have any stories with them, or WotLK? Let us know in the comments!
See you next week :)
Adquira o Wowhead Premium
Gosta do nosso conteúdo? Que tal virar um
Usuário Premium do Wowhead
para nos apoiar? A tela de um usuário Premium não possui anúncios, além de várias outras vantagens!
[Show 0 Comments]
[Hide 0 Comments]
Faça Login Para Comentar
Você não está conectado. Favor
registrar uma conta
para adicionar seu comentário.
« Próxima Notícia
Notícia Anterior »