NOVEMBER 5, 2021Dungeons and Raids
Items and Rewards
- Tomb of Sargeras
Fixed an issue that would prevent progress to Kil’Jaeden after defeating Fallen Avatar too quickly.
- Several Shadowlands on-use trinkets with cooldowns greater than 2 minutes have been updated to have their cooldowns reset when a raid boss encounter ends.
- Traveler’s Anima Cache can no longer be consumed by players who have not yet selected a Covenant causing the anima to be sent into the ether.
NOVEMBER 4, 2021Classes
- The level requirement to skip the Maw introduction is now 50 (was 48).
Developers’ note: We made this change to the level requirement because characters who skipped the Maw introduction at level 48 would end up being a level behind the Bastion introduction quest level requirements, thus leaving them in an awkward state of where to go next.
- The following abilities have been updated to have their cooldowns reset when a raid boss encounter ends:
Blessing of Sacrifice (Paladin)
- Die by the Sword (Arms Warrior)
- Enraged Regeneration (Fury Warrior)
The following Covenant abilities have been updated to have their cooldowns reset when a raid boss encounter ends:
- Fleshcraft (Necrolord)
- Convoke the Spirits (Night Fae)
Several Racial abilities with cooldowns greater than 2 minutes have been updated to have their cooldowns reset when a raid boss encounter ends.
Fixed an issue where Shadow Blades would continue to attack the enemy after the Rogue was under crowd-control effects.
Items and Rewards
Player versus Player
- Queen’s Conservatory catalysts now stack to 200 (was 20).
- The Forgotten Feather in Korthia can once again be looted.
- Fixed an issue where the Gateway Control Shard could be used while under certain effects such as stun and wouldn’t break characters out of stealth.
Fixed an issue that caused Wind Waker’s (PvP Talent) radius to be larger than intended, and also cleared movement impairing effects off of the Monk prior to having two stacks.
The Mark of the Midnight Runestag recipe no longer requires Revered with the Wild Hunt to learn.
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- “Observing Victory” now displays its turn-in location on the Oribos map.
- Underbelly Lowlifes during the quest “Secrets of the Underbelly” now deal the appropriate amount of damage.
WoW Companion App
- Power Infusion, Time Warp, Mystic Touch, and Demonic Gateway anima powers are no longer offered to characters that haven’t learned these abilities yet.
- Long Tail Dynarats obtained from Chaotic Concoctions now deal the appropriate amount of damage as indicated by its tooltip and only one can be used on a target.
- Fixed an issue where players with slower connections may miss out on the first floor Anima Cell. Cross realm players were more likely to notice this issue.
- Fixed an issue preventing Android 12 users from installing the app.
NOVEMBER 3, 2021Classes
Creatures and NPCs
Fixed an issue with Divine Storm not hitting all nearby enemies if your primary target is affected with Judgment.
Items and Rewards
- Fixed an issue that was causing Observer Yorik to respawn too quickly.
Player versus Player
- Temporarily removed the Conquest and Valor cap until the next season begins.
Developers’ note: Early in a season, it’s beneficial to pace gear acquisition by adding a maximum amount of Conquest and Valor that can be earned weekly to prevent having a dominant advantage by playing an excessive amount of hours in PvP and Mythic+. As the weeks go by and the cap increases, we reach a point where there’s no longer a dominant advantage in gear acquisition with grinding Conquest and Valor and it’s friendlier to simply remove the cap entirely for those who are catching up or gearing alts until the next season begins. We’ve reached that point and have removed the Conquest and Valor caps for the rest of Season 2. When the next season begins, all Conquest and Valor will be converted into gold and sent to the character’s mail.
Righteous Might (Necrolord Conduit) damage and healing reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
Developers’ note: We initially tuned the Righteous Might conduit for Necrolord Paladins with both PvE and Retribution Paladins in mind, but due to a combination of synergies and Protection-specific multipliers, Protection Paladins were able to near-double the effect of an already-buffed Conduit to create a deadly round-start burst outlier in PvP matches. We’re cutting down its effectiveness in PvP while we keep an eye on the conduit’s impact in PvE to see if follow-up tuning is necessary over the coming days.
User Interface and Accessibility
- Players who skipped the Maw intro while in a Timewalking Campaign should no longer be sent back to Stormwind or Orgrimmar when they reach level 50.
- Covenant Campaigns blocked behind the Callings tutorial quest should now be properly flagged to proceed the next time they visit Oribos or their Sanctum Hall.
- Fixed an issue where some characters who switched to the Necrolord covenant would not be able to see Emeni during the quest, “Never Had a Friend Like Me.”
Burning Crusade Classic
- Fixed an issue that caused Mythic+ Rating to display incorrectly in Group Finder.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltips for some Adventures companions were displaying with a gray background.
NOVEMBER 2, 2021Items and Rewards
- You can now report players from the /who menu.
- Fixed an issue where an extra confirmation pop-up would appear when entering a War Game.
- Fixed an issue where keybinds were not correctly loading for the War Game Commentator User Interface.
- The Unchained Equipment Chest does not provide PvP items that include sockets or tertiary stats.
Developers’ note: This was an oversight in how the item was set up on the 9.1.5 PTR. We don’t intend to create situations where the best way to play PvP is to funnel gear from your alts to your main character.
Fixed an issue where the Well-Honed Instincts conduit was dropping for non-Druids.Burning Crusade Classic
- Fixed an issue where players who accepted a battle resurrection into a raid boss encounter after releasing their spirit could be teleported to their Hearthstone location.