The World of Warcraft 9.0.5 update arrives with scheduled weekly maintenance on March 9 in this region (10 March in EU, 11 March in Asia).The 9.0.5 update is focused on improving systems, rewards, Covenant and Legendary tuning, and bug fixes. Valor Points are now earnable in
dungeons, and Valor can be used to upgrade new
gear rewards. Changes to Covenants and Legendaries are intended to provide more gameplay options for crafting and utilizing Legendary items in specific situations, and to make sure that more players feel that the Covenant that suits their aesthetic, narrative, or other preferences for their character also feels more viable for their preferred playstyle.
Table of ContentsAdventures
Necrolord Covenant Companions
- Kyrian Covenant Companions
Kyrian Phalanx health increased by 16%.
Developers’ note: Phalanxes still feel underpowered relative to Halberdiers, so giving them some additional durability to allow them to fill the tank role before players have maxed out their roster.
Night Fae Covenant Companions
- Fixed an issue where Bonesmith Heirmir Serrated Shoulder Blades weren’t inflicting damage back to the enemy.
- Maldraxxus Plaguesinger’s Plague Song has been redesigned – Plague Song now deals damage to ranged enemies every round.
- Rencissa the Dynamo spell effectiveness increased by 40%.
- Assembler Xertora spell effectiveness increased by 10%.
- Rattlebag spell effectiveness increased by 20%.
Developers’ note: We fixed a few issues where some Necrolord Covenant Companions weren’t dealing damage reliably. Additionally, a few companions have received an improvement that fits with their purpose.
Venthyr Covenant Companions
- Qadarin spell effectiveness increased by 24%.
- Blisswing’s damage reduction now correctly applies to enemies.
- Yira’liya health increased by 16% and spell effectiveness increased by 50%.
- Duskleaf health increased by 20% and spell effectiveness increased by 25%.
- Lloth’wellyn health increased by 33% and ability damage increased by 25%.
Developers’ note: A few Night Fae Covenant Companions were not as well established in their different roles as we hoped, to address this we’ve improved many abilities and decreased some Companions’ overall fragility.
- Venthyr Nightblade attack increased by 25%.
Developers’ note: We’re generally happy with how the changes to Venthyr in the 9.0.2 landed, but wanted to offer some additional help for players using Nightblades to fill out their compositions.
- Undead cloaks will now be as tattered as the forsaken wearing them.
- (Venthyr Paladin), (Necrolord Death Knight), (Venthyr Death Knight), (Night Fae Death Knight), (Night Fae Hunter), (Kyrian Hunter), and (Night Fae Warrior) visual effects will now appear less overwhelming to allied players when cast in dungeons or raids. These changes are still going through iterations and may not be final.
- Many abilities are now better at avoiding in-combat enemies that the player is not engaged with (e.g. , , , , ).
- DEATH KNIGHT
Fixed an issue that caused (Talent) to consume .
- Fixed an issue that caused (Talent) to sometimes not hit large raid bosses.
- () damage increased by 15% and damage reduction debuff increased to 8% (was 5%).
- () now correctly deals damage and pulls in enemies while the is crowd-controlled.
- () no longer pulls in enemies that are in .
- () damage reduction debuff and Strength buff increased to 2% per stack (was 1%). Now stacks up to 4 times (was 8).
(Talent) damage increased to 500% (was 300%).
- () damage reduced by 10% for s.
- () has been redesigned – Your damaging abilities have a chance to call forth a demon from the for 25 seconds. deals lethal damage to the demon, which explodes on death, dealing damage to nearby enemies and healing you for 30% of your maximum health. The explosion deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets.
- () damage decreased by 10% for s.
- () damage decreased by 10% for s.
- () base damage now 15% (was 25%).
- now affects for s (was ).
- will no longer engage creatures in combat when expires.
's periodic healing increased by 12%.
- healing increased by 7%.
- () damage and healing increased by 25% and the effectiveness of periodic effects increased to 25% (was 20%). The effectiveness of periodic effects increased to 35% for Balance Druids.
- () can no longer cast and for Guardian or Restoration Druids.
- () now increases your critical strike chance by .8% per stack at Rank 1 (was .5%).
- Fixed an issue that allowed s to avoid the debuff when casting .
- Fixed an issue that caused Feign Death to be cancelled when s opened their map or used an emote.
- Beast Mastery
(Talent) damage is increased by 260%.
- Fixed an issue where casting (Talent) right after an that benefitted from would sometimes not apply the effect.
- Fixed an issue that caused (Talent) to be usable while was active.
- Fixed an issue where () could fail to be cast behind your character.
- () damage increased by 15%.
- () duration increased to 18 seconds (was 14 seconds) and costs no Focus (was 10). now also increases the damage of your next by 25%.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the buff to be removed when another player's Hunter Mark was applied.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Brutal Projections to expire early.
- Covenant Abilities
() damage increased by 20%.
- () duration increased to 25 seconds (was 20 seconds) and Spell Power buff increased to 15% (was 10%).
Arcane: Now grants a stack of when a mirror is consumed (was mana).
- Fire: cooldown reduction increased to 6 seconds (was 4 seconds).
now costs 3.8% mana (was 4.1%).
- now costs 1.8% mana (was 2.2%).
- Xuen, the White Tiger is now vulnerable to , and Fear crowd-control effects.
- is now affected by Mastery: Combo Strikes.
- Fixed an issue that caused Storm, Earth and Fire's cast to sometimes break nearby enemies' .
- Fixed an issue that caused Xuen, the White Tiger to be able to target enemies in .
- Fixed an issue that caused Tiger Palm to grant an additional stack of when Storm, Earth and Fire is active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Mark of the Crane to be maintained permanently at maximum stacks while fighting a single target.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Storm, Earth, and Fire spirits from using , , and (Talent).
- Fixed an issue that allowed Storm, Earth and Fire spirits to continue channeling after the Monk's Fists of Fury channel ended.
- Fixed an issue that could cause 's damage to not be properly increased by if targets die with the Monk's mark active.
- Fixed an issue that caused () to not deal damage when used to engage creatures in combat.
- 's () fallen Tiger and Ox adepts have had their stats increased by 20%.
now costs 16% mana (was 14%).
- 's heal now has a visual effect.
- () now generates 1 Holy Power when used.
- The extra spells from () now have a longer delay between hits. Additionally, area-of-effect hits from are no longer reduced by 25% in PvP, and triggered from is reduced by 25% in PvP.
- no longer plays an attack animation when it triggers.
- Fixed an issue that caused the additional from Templar's Vindication to not deal damage based on the initial .
(Talent) now absorbs 80% of healing done (was 100%) and the absorption limit is now based on the caster's Spell Power rather than maximum Health.
- increases healing taken by 4% (was 10%) for 15 seconds (was 8 seconds). Stacks up to 5 times (was no stacks).
- Mastery: no longer benefits multiple times from damage amplifying effects.
- no longer causes targets to drop if they deal no damage.
- () now grants 20% damage reduction (was 10%), and will now automatically be sent to the closest enemy target if is used while an ally is targeted.
- s () now properly grant resources to the casting when there are multiple s active on the target.
- () no longer reverses damage or healing from itself when reflected.
- () now leave a 80% effective copy of their benefit (was 60%) and can no longer be stacked on top of a Faerie for double benefit.
Level 56: New Passive: Cut to the Chase – extends the duration of your and Dice by up to 3 seconds per combo point spent.
- now restores 8 Energy (was 7).
- and Dice (Rank 2) has been removed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented (Talent) from triggering (Talent).
- Fixed an issue that allowed (Talent) to deal damage to targets while not breaking the crowd-control.
- Fixed an issue that caused (Talent) to rarely not be applied when entering .
- Fixed an issue that caused () to apply for non-s when cast from .
- () initial damage increased by 300% and now grants 1 combo point plus 1 per active bone spike after it strikes the target.
- () is now removed when the target leaves combat and no longer refunds a charge and gets removed when the target is healed to full.
- Fixed an issue that prevented 's () initial damage from dealing a critical strike.
- Fixed an issue that prevented 's () bleed debuff from being counted towards the damage bonus from (Legendary Power).
- 's () damage is now correctly increased by Assassinations' Mastery: Potent Assassin.
- (Outlaw Talent) now correctly causes () to generate an additional combo point.
- () no longer costs Energy (was 20 Energy), duration reduced to 12 seconds (was 20 seconds), Haste is now granted immediately, and no longer has a second activation. 's initial damage increased by 270%, additional damage from spending combo points increased by 160%, and deals damage 1 time upon use (was 3).
- () now causes 4 additional lashes (was 2). This will allow the Rogue to start at 5% Haste upon activation.
- Fixed an issue that caused the buff to be removed when any enhancements expire.
- damage increased by 35%.
- damage increased by 415%.
damage increased by 30%.
- damage increased by 70%.
- damage increased by 35%.
- damage reduced by 10%.
- damage increased by 40%.
- (Talent) now increases by 300% (was 2 s by 150%).
- can now correctly trigger from (Talent) and (Talent).
- Fixed an issue where (Talent) and (Talent) were both increasing the damage of at the same time.
- damage reduced by 10%.
- Fixed an issue where (Talent) could absorb more damage than intended when an area damage spell hit multiple allies.
- () damage and healing increased by 25%.
- () damage increased by 25%, the healing from damage conversion increased to 60% (was 40%) and the heal radius increased to 20 yards (was 12 yards).
- 's () Enhancement Lightning Bolt effect now deals 150% damage (was 100%).
- Fixed an issue that caused () to not be usable on allies that are in Mercenary Mode.
- () the damage and healing increased by 15% for Elemental and .
- () will now light up on the Action Bar when players can cast it instantly through .
- now lasts 1 minute (was 30 seconds) and lasts 20 seconds against enemy players (was 12 seconds).
no longer causes targets to drop if it deals no damage.
- now properly deals damage and applies Corruption if the is crowd-controlled when the seed detonates.
- Summon Dreadstalkers, Demonic Tyrant, Vilefiend, Nether Portal demons, and will now listen to primary pet commands.
- attack power increased by 10%, and and damage increased by 10%.
- Mastery: now properly increases the damage of Corruption.
- () now requires the Warlock to be facing its target.
- () bonus damage from the target's missing health increased to 100% (was 60%).
- () damage while moving towards its target has been increased by 10% and its explosion damage increased by 15%.
- () no longer damages s in its path to the target.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Intervene to be applied to targets under the effect of .
Fixed an issue that prevented the buff to not be applied to the if was cast during .
- Damage of all abilities increased by 10%. Damage of Thunder Clap increased by an additional 10%.
- () has been redesigned – Brandish the Conqueror's Banner, granting 400 Mastery and 30% increased movement speed to you and your 2 nearest allies and preventing movement speed from being reduced below 100%. The cooldown is now 2 minutes (was 3 minutes), duration is now 15 seconds (was 20 seconds), and the Rage generation is now 4 Rage per second for Arms and Protection, and 6 Rage per second for Fury.
- () no longer causes Conqueror's Banner to grant stacks of .
has been redesigned – Form a shield of flesh and bone over 3 seconds (was 4 seconds) that absorbs damage equal to 40% of your maximum health for 2 minutes. While channeling, your damage taken is reduced by 20%. effect – near an enemy's corpse consumes their essence to reduce 's cooldown by 1 second.
- The slime creatures within the dungeon will now grant their buffs when their corpses are consumed by 's passive effect (was when was used on their corpses).
Anima Conductor: Flowing Power –
- () now triggers when 's passive effect consumes a corpse's essence (was when is cast).
- () has been redesigned – When Fleshcraft's passive effect consumes a corpse, the cooldown of is reduced by an additional 1 second.
- Skelton Command now summons a skeleton when 's passive effect consumes a corpse. This effect has a 5 second cooldown between summoning skeletons.
- within are eager to return to life and will now automatically provide players with their reward without having to speak to them first.
Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to die through () if the lethal blow had a large overkill.
Guests who you have reached Best Friend status with now give you a permanent RSVP.
- The Permanent RSVP will allow all characters on your account to invite that guest to future Ember Courts without completing their RSVP quest again.
now sells a Bind on Account book at Exalted with the Ember Court. The book will teach your Dredger Butler how to handle the
quests that follow the Ember Courts.
One-time reputation items from
and Lady Ilinca will no longer appear once learned.
Droman Aliothe's RSVP no longer requires players to venture to
for items. s
Dungeons and Raids
- Fixed an issue that allowed Service in () to be parried.
now persists for 45 seconds when by a player (was 30 seconds).
- damage is now reduced by 50% while and duration increased to 45 seconds (was 30 seconds).
Mythic Keystone Dungeons
- 's now persist for 1 minute after activation (was 45 seconds). While active, is applied to players when any enemy is slain nearby (was certain enemy types) and duration increased to 75 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Moved one of the Anima Cages away from a patrolling Chamber Sentinel.
- The formula for determining the level of the first players receive each week has been adjusted.
Previously, players would always receive a Keystone 1 level below the highest they'd completed so far in Season 1.
- After this change, Keystone level will continue to decrease by 1 per week until players again complete a higher level Keystone.
- For example, a player who completes a level 15 Keystone will receive a level 14 Keystone the following week. If they do not complete a 15 or higher Keystone that week, they will receive a level 13 Keystone the week after.
- Domina Venomblade
no longer trigger the Necrotic Affix.
Items and s
- General Kaal's Gauntlet
Stonewall Gargons no longer trigger the Necrotic Affix.
- The community voted mount, The Wandering Ancient, is now available!
- acquired from dungeons are now upgradable with Valor, a new currency that is earned from completing dungeons and covenant s. The weekly Valor cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week. There will be a maximum of 1500 Valor a character can hold at a time. that dropped before the patch is unable to be upgraded.
200 Item Level: Initial item upgrade level.
- 207 Item Level: Requires the Keystone Explorer achievement – Earned by completing all eight dungeons at Mythic 5 or higher, within the time limit.
- 213 Item Level: Requires the Shadowlands Keystone Conqueror achievement – Earned by completing all dungeons at Mythic 10 or higher, within the time limit.
- 220 Item Level: Requires the Shadowlands Keystone Master achievement – Earned by completing all dungeons at Mythic 15 or higher, within the time limit.
dungeon after the timer has ended will now reward a second item. The item level of the second item will be slightly lower (e.g. finishing a Mythic 7 Keystone dungeon, but not completing the timer now rewards the party with a 200 iLvl item and a 197 iLvl item.
raid loot requirements is now defeat 3/6/9 raid bosses (was 3/7/10).
s now also drop in
Once players reach 40
with their Covenant, the weekly quest to gather 1000
will now award you with 1500 gold.
Once players have recruited the maximum amount of
for their Covenant, your weekly quest to rescue
from the Maw will now award you with 500
can now be used in transmogrification and will appear in your collection once found.
prices for items below item level 75 have been adjusted.
The Lightless Force weapon enchant no longer targets out-of-combat or crowd-controlled enemies.
The Hunger of the Pack trinket now grants the
stat instead of movement speed percentage.
The Barrier Generator Toy can no longer be used in instanced PvP.Runecarving Legendary Items
- DEATH KNIGHT
now grants 10% Haste while inside your Death and (was 8%).
- now causes Dancing Rune Weapon to generate 5 charges and reduces the cooldown of by 5 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- now increases the duration of by 3 seconds and grants 5% Leech for the duration.
- 's now also grants 45 Runic Power when is used.
- explosion damage increased by 5% and now approximately procs every 1.75 minutes (was 1.5).
- 's buff duration has been increased to 40 seconds (was 30 seconds) and the chance to trigger increased by 5%.
- 's chance to trigger increased to 40% (was 20%) and now also refunds the Fury of the casted or .
damage over time damage increased 100% and damage increased by 65% (was 50%).
- The casted from 's summoned ally now always deals critical strikes.
- Spirit of the Darkness Flame's Fiery Brand instant damage increased by 20% (was 15%).
now restores 30% Energy (was 25%).
- Increased both effects by 50%.
- Legacy of the Sleeper's Berserk description now notes that the Druid is immune to crowd-control while active.
- extends the duration of your heal over time effects on the target by 10 seconds (was 8 seconds).
- Beast Mastery
now has a 30% chance to trigger (was 20%).
- critical damage increased to 35% (was 20%).
- 's Cobra Sting now has a 50% chance to trigger (was 25%).
- now resets the cooldown of (was reduces the cooldown by 5 seconds) and has an additional passive effect – deals 10% increased damage.
- now causes Rapid Fire to deal 35% additional damage (was 25%).
- now also increases the duration of by 3 seconds and reduces all Focus costs by 25% (was 50%).
- no longer triggers (Night Fae Ability) twice.
- increases Critical Strike damage by 20% (was 15%).
- procs per minute increased to 2 (was 1.66).
damage per stack increased to 8% (was 7%) and the effect stacks up to 18 times (was 15).
- now calls down a after casting 18 s or s (was 25).
- now requires consuming 8 s (was 12) and grants for 6 seconds (was 5 seconds)
- now calls down a after casting 30 s or Flurries (was 60).
- now triggers every 2 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- now causes Tiger Palm to have a 40% chance (was 10%) to deal 300% of normal damage (was 250%) and reduce the remaining cooldown of your Brews by 2 additional seconds (was 1 second).
now causes Celestial Brew to increase your Armor by 50% (was 25%) for 8 seconds (was 7 seconds), and causes Purifying Brew to have a 35% chance to not consume a charge (was 25%).
- healing increased by 20% (was 15%) and mana cost reduced by 20% (was 15%).
- 's Battlegear critical strike chance increased by 50% (was 30%) and cooldown reduced by 5 seconds (was 2.5 seconds).
- increases Holy damage done by 4% (was 3%) for 10 seconds (was 8 seconds).
- buff duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds) and damage reduction increased to 4% (was 3%).
increases effects by 30% (was 20%).
- buff duration increased to 8 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- 's 's healing bonus to no longer increases self-damage taken. Additionally, Maraad's Dying Breath now causes all self-damage to be dealt over 5 seconds
- has been redesigned – When Ardent Defender saves you from death, it restores 40% additional health. When Ardent Defender expires without saving you from death, its remaining cooldown is reduced by 40% (was 60 seconds).
- Fixed an issue with that caused casts to put nearby Protection Paladin's Ardent Defender on cooldown.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Magistrate's Judgment to be consumed when casting a free through .
- damage has been increased by 15%.
- now grants the proper amount of stacks when Holy Power is spent while under its effect.
- ' healing increased by 36% and can now critically strike.
now functions with Mastery: .
- reduces the cooldown of : Death by 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
- now casts when : Pain or () are used, and casts when (Necrolord Ability) is used. Additionally, if the is crowd controlled while is active, the image will cast single target healing spells on nearby low-hp allies.
- spell-mirroring cooldown removed (e.g. queueing a : Death after a will now trigger 2 s).
- buff duration increased to 20 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- is now cleared upon starting an Arena match.
- generates up to 30 Insanity (was 20) and now functions with Death and (Talent).
- 's damage has been increased by 40%.
- now only affects auto-attack and abilities' critical strike chance.
- now causes Shiv to deal 500% increased damage (was 350%).
- damage increased by 30%.
now deals an additional 45% damage (was 30%).
- reduces 's cooldown for every 30 Energy you expend (was 50 Energy).
- increases your damage dealt by up to 15% (was 10%) and lasts up to 12 seconds (was 10 seconds).
- increases the damage of your next by 300% (was 200%).
- now has a chance to fire your next 3 additional times (was 2).
- now causes Backstab to deal 50% increased damage (was 30%).
- increases all damage dealt by 20% (was 15%) for 15 seconds (was 12 seconds).
now causes Earthquake to deal 120% additional damage (was 175%).
- now causes Stormstrike to deal 30% increased damage (was 15%).
- The debuff from now persists through death.
- now increases the next by 20% (was 10%).
- now reduces mana cost of and by 40% (was 25%).
duration increased to 10 seconds (was 8 seconds) and damage per stack increased to 35% (was 25%).
- duration increased to 30 seconds (was 20 seconds) and periodic damage increased to 6% (was 5%).
- now properly increases the damage of 's () periodic effects.
- Implosive Potential's Haste buff duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
- increases the damage of by 15% per stack (was 8% per stack).
- 's increased to 4% per stack (was 3% per stack).
- Madness of the Azj'aqir duration increased to 4 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- now properly generate 6 Soul Shard Fragments when dealing a critical strike with .
's chance to apply the effect increased to 25% (was 15%) and duration increased to 6 seconds (was 5 seconds).
- now triggers from Overpower (was ) and reduces the Rage cost of your next by 15 Rage (was 12).
- Exploiter's Mortal Strike damage bonus increased to 50% (was 25%) and the damage bonus for Venthyr Warriors increased to 36% (was 18%).
- duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
- duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
- now triggers from all hits (was critical strikes) and reduces the remaining cooldown of and by 1 second (was 3 seconds).
Player versus Player
- has been redesigned – and grant you for 4 seconds, , and generates 20 Rage.
- now also grants an additional charge of .
- damage increased to 75% (was 40%).
The Horde flag size in and have been increased to match the size of the Alliance flag.
- and now increase damage taken by 10% per stack and reduces healing received by 5% per stack in , , and .
- side-capture point flags now spawn 14 seconds after the battleground has begun, and the central flag spawns 18 seconds after the battleground has begun (was immediately at start).
- Fixed an issue that caused Battle Flags to not be usable in or Ashran Battlegrounds.
- , , , and Drums of Heroism/ are no longer usable during the Battleground preparation phase.
Maximum player count per faction is now 35 (was 30).
- Starting reinforcements are now 175 (was 150).
- To allow both factions to have easier access to s and Song Flowers, both these tasty treats will now spawn alongside each other in the Dark Woods and Root Den.
- cost to summon and Fangrall reduced to 1500 (was 3000).
- Horde and Alliance tower mages are now worth 30 when slain (was 50).
- Horde and Alliance tower mages have had their spells adjusted:
– Alliance Tower Mage
now deals 15% of the target's maximum health in Frost damage.
- now deals 8% of the target's maximum health in Frost damage.
- now deals 15% of the target's maximum health in Frost damage.
- No longer casts .
– Horde Tower Mage
- now deals 8% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- now deals 15% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- now deals 1% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- initial spell now deals 5% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- explosion now deals 15% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- no longer causes a knockback when exploding.
- cast by Jeron's summoned now deals 5% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- health has been increased by 40%.
- Alliance and health increased by 50%.
- health increased by 25%.
- health increased by 100%.
- The amount of siege damage required to break down keep walls has been increased by 20%.
- Broken Temple and Sunken Ring Workshops are now controlled by the attacking team when the battle starts.
- Wintergrasp Wall, Wintergrasp Fortress Wall, and Wintergrasp Fortress Gate health has been reduced by 20%.
- Destroying Towers reduces match time by 8 minutes (was 5 minutes).
- 's ability deals 20-35% of a player's health (was 30-45%).
- 's ability deals 20-25% of a player's health (was 36%).
- s will now more consistently deal siege damage when striking fortress walls and towers.
- After 5 minutes, all players in the battleground who do not have a rank (including players who join late) will now be granted the rank of .
- (Venthyr Paladin), (Kyrian Warrior), (Kyrian Hunter), and (Night Fae Hunter) visual effects are now more easily distinguishable when cast by enemy players.
- DEATH KNIGHT
Removed the stun when summoning the temporary ghoul version of (Rank 1) in PvP.
- The Satiated debuff from is now removed when entering PvP instances.
Corrected an issue that was causing (PvP Talent) recast effect to not toss the target.
- (PvP Talent) can no longer be cast while the 's pet is dead or crowd controlled.
- (PvP Talent) is no longer on the global cooldown to match , the ability it replaces.
- conduit now correctly functions with (PvP Talent).
- and conduits now correctly function with (PvP Talent).
(PvP Talent) now reduces the cooldown of by 1 minute (was grants ).
- (PvP Talent) now causes Blessing of Sacrifice to last 6 seconds in addition to its existing effects.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused (PvP Talent) to not dispel multiple debuffs.
- (PvP Talent) will now grant immunity to roots and snares only (was all crowd controlling effects).
- Fixed an issue that prevented the conduit from affecting (PvP Talent).
- Fixed an issue that was causing the resurrection bonus from (PvP Talent) to not be applied to the when an ally died.
- is now cancelled when players attempt to capture a PvP objective.
- no longer cancels .
(PvP Talent) is no longer cancelled when triggers or (Talent) deals damage.
is King (PvP Talent) can no longer override an with a longer duration.
- (PvP Talent) can no longer be cast on targets that have immunities active, such as or .
- now interrupts players that are channeling to capture a PvP objective if the player is susceptible to .
- (PvP Talent) cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 45 seconds).
- (PvP Talent) no longer causes Unending Resolve to stop granting its interrupt immunity.
- (PvP Talent) increases Armor by 160% (was 90%).
Fixed an issue where (PvP Talent) could be used while under the effects of crowd control abilities.
- (PvP talent) no longer resets the cooldown of all charges when used with (Legendary Effect).
Fixed an issue that caused (PvP Talent) to expire early if there were multiple s active.
- Fixed an issue that caused (PvP Talent) to be incorrectly consumed by reflected damage procs and area of effect spells.
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- A new account-wide unlock has been added to that reveals teleport nodes on all the long walkable chains in Torghast so you can quickly cross the chains and no longer have to face your fear of heights.
- Reduced the health and amount of Anima Devourers required for Stage 1 of the Winged Soul Eaters Hunt.
- A brief description of each wing is now available before embarking on any given Torghast run.
- To better increase your odds of success, a recommended item level will now be displayed when selecting which Layer difficulty to attempt.
- Reduced the amount of enemies on multiple floors.
- Anima Powers
increases speed by 50% (was 30%) and now also increases dodge chance by 25%. Can be obtained 1 time (was 2).
- New Anima Power: Desolate Chitin (Uncommon) – absorbs 50% more damage. Can be obtained 3 times.
- increases your primary stat by 20% (was 8%) and is now Uncommon rarity (was ). Can be obtained 1 time (was 3).
- has been removed.
- New Anima Power: Frigid Wildseed (Epic) – Activating Soulshape stuns enemies within 12 yards of the departure and destination location for 6 seconds. Can be obtained 1 time.
- New Anima Power: Ethereal Wildseed (Uncommon) – and heal you for 20% of your maximum health. Can be obtained 2 times.
- and have been removed.
- reduces cast time by 20% (was 10%) and reduces its cooldown by 6 seconds per stack (was 3 seconds). Stacks up to 5 times (was 10).
- New Anima Power: Entropic Pool (Epic) – Dealing damage with Death and increases damage you deal to the target by 2%. This effect stacks.
- New Anima Power: Bone Borrower () – reduces the target's damage dealt to you by 20% for 10 seconds, and animates a Risen Skulker or for 1 minute.
- Damage dealt by the minions summoned by and have been significantly increased.
- has been redesigned – Now increases Runic Power generation by 100% while affected by your or .
- has been redesigned – Now increases damage and attack speed for you and all your minions by 10% for 8 seconds whenever you cast .
- has been redesigned – Now gives 2 additional max charges of and killing a Mawrat resets all charges. Stacks 2 times.
- now also increases duration by 3 seconds and no longer increases the spell damage reduction of .
- spell reflection now also applies to .
- now has an additional charge and no longer grants 10% damage reduction while in your Death and .
- now also reduces damage you take from enemies by 10% while in your Death and .
- now also increases Physical and Frost damage you deal to affected enemies by 15% and no longer increases the duration of .
- Blood-Tinged Poker now increases damage by 400% (was 300%) and reduces 's cooldown to 20 seconds (was 25 seconds).
- now reduces the cooldown of by 4 seconds (was 10 seconds) per 10 Runic Power spent (was using ). Stacks 2 times (was 3).
- Force Pull has been renamed and has an additional effect – Causes Death Grip to instead pull you to the target.
- is now Uncommon rarity.
- , , and have been removed.
- now heals for 6% per second (was 3%).
- now reduces the cooldown by 30% (was 15%). Stacks up to 3 times (was 4).
- damage increased by 5% (was 1%).
- now increases the damage of your , , or by 2% per stack (was 20%) when destroying an Ashen Phylactery, and the effect is no longer consumed when casting , , or .
- now reduces the cooldown of by 6 seconds when killing a Mawrat (was extends the duration).
- no longer deals damage to you if or fail to deal damage.
- now properly increases the damage of (Kyrian Ability).
- Fixed an issue that rarely caused Druids to remain in a stunned state if they died while inside (Dreamweaver Soulbind).
- can no longer be overwritten by a shorter duration self-cast .
- Fixed an issue that caused and Amplifying Crystal to sometimes remain active once has expired.
- New Anima Power: Gravity Dynamo (Epic) – , Rooting, or Incapacitating enemies grants you 50% extra damage to fire, arcane, and frost spells for 8 seconds.
- New Anima Power: Chronomancer's Hourglass () – During Alter Time, you and your gain .
- New Anima Power: Sorceror's Frozen Soul () – has no cooldown.
- New Anima Power: Incanter's Ward (Uncommon) – Damage absorbed by your s grants up to 20% increased Intellect, based on the amount absorbed.
- New Anima Power: Eldritch Teachings (Common) – , , and damage increased by 25%.
- now refreshes your cooldown when blinking through an enemy, and blinking through Mawrats will kill them instantly (was blinking through a Mawrat will instantly kill it and grant 3 charges of ).
- now summons 2 additional per stack (was 1) and is now Common rarity.
- now functions without , and can now be acquired at any time.
- () increases damage of by 25% (was 10%).
- () now causes 's cooldown to reset if the target dies while afflicted (was: damage had to be the killing blow).
- Maldo's Enchanted Cane, Polymorbid Rat Liver, Tome of Zoomancy, and Alluring Cheese have been removed.
- New Anima Power: Dark Technique () – Enemies affected by or suffer 5% of your health in damage every 1 second. This damage cannot break or .
- New Anima Power: Voidwraith Signet () – an enemy with : Death summons a guardian for 1 minute that casts , dealing 100% additional damage against enemies that are above 50% health.
- New Anima Power: Soul of an Archon () – now also increases all periodic damage and healing by 100%.
- New Anima Power: Cowl of Influence (Uncommon) – You can now control your character during , but it has a 30 second cooldown.
- New Anima Power: Light-Infused Egg (Uncommon) – / have a 15% / 5% chance to grant you .
- New Anima Power: Fallen Priest's Blessing (Common) – Casting Holy Fire or increases the damage or healing of your next by 30%, by 30% or by 60%. This effect stacks, but its duration is not refreshed.
- spell duration increased by 80% (was 50%).
- can no longer be offered to the player unless is known.
- chance to trigger increased to 5% per stack (was 3%).
- Mindmancer's Handgloves now increases the damage of by 20% (was reduce cast speed).
- can now be obtained 3 times (was 1).
- , , and have been removed.
- now properly triggers from : Pain cast by through the Shadow talent, .
- Fixed an issue that caused Silent Footpads to not increase 's melee damage.
- can now activated from through .
- New Anima Power: Depleted Tesla Coil (Epic) – Gain the effects of every 15 seconds.
- New Anima Power: Pure Elemental Core () – Increases the duration of your or ) by 50% for Elemental. Increases the duration of s by 100% for . When you drop , immediately heal all allies for 15% of their maximum Health, and harm all enemies in the radius for 15% of their max Health for Restoration. Stacks up to 2 times.
- New Anima Power: Bottle of Swirling Maelstrom (Common) Increases Earthquake and Earth Shock damage for Elemental, increases bonus damage and healing for , and periodically deals nature damage to enemies inside of your for Restoration. Stacks up to 3 times.
- now increases nature and frost damage by 50% (was and ).
- now increases healing done by 50% (was casting healing spells faster).
- now also causes your first or per floor to not incur its cooldown and is now rarity.
- damage and healing per totem increased by 10% (was 5%).
- has been redesigned – hits 3 additional targets and damage increases by 20% per jump for Elemental and Restoration. now spreads Flame Shock to 5 nearby targets, and damage is increased by 500% for .
- Ghost Bone and Shield of Spirits have been removed.
- has been redesigned – Increases Shadowbolt, Drain Soul (Talent), , and damage by 75% per stack. Stacks up to 3 times.
- has been redesigned – Increases the damage of , , and by 75%. Stacks up to 4 times.
- now increases summoned demons health and damage by 50% (was only demon health).
- buff duration increased to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
- duration increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- has been redesigned – When you are struck in melee by an auto-attack, you fear all nearby enemies for 8 seconds. The effect can happen once every 45 seconds.
- and have been removed.
WoW Companion App
- New Anima Power: Glory of Skyhold () – gains 2 additional charges. Can be obtained 1 time.
- New Anima Power: Blade of the Tideskorn ()– You yell a (Protection) or a (Arms and Fury) when you land your . Can be obtained 1 time. now deals damage to all enemies within 15 yards of you every 3 seconds while is active. Can be obtained 2 times (was 3).
- New Anima Power: Weathered Runestone (Uncommon) – increases the damage of Overpower, , or by 40%. Can be obtained 3 times.
- New Anima Power: Thorium Hairpin (Uncommon) – generates 10 Rage for Arms and Protection, and 4 additional Rage for Fury. Can be obtained 3 times.
- New Anima Power: Gargolmar's Shattered Hand (Uncommon) – reduces the remaining cooldown of by 10 seconds. Can be obtained 3 times.
- New Anima Power: Ancient Rubble (Common) – shatters the ground where you land, dealing Physical damage over 10 seconds to enemies within 16 yards. Can be obtained 4 times.
- increases Rage generation by 25% (was 20%). Can be obtained 4 times (was 5).
- increases the damage of , , and by 25% (was 20%). Can be obtained 4 times (was 5).
- chance to cast increased to 100% (was 33%). Can be obtained 1 time (was 3).
- now also reduces the cooldown of by 3 seconds for Arms and Fury. Unchanged for Protection.
- increases 's () damage by 50% (was 100%).
- damage bonus decreased to 100% (was 200%) and the duration increased to 6 seconds (was 4 seconds).
- , , and have been removed.
- Changed the expansion select button action to a tap and added a button to switch expansions in the menu.
Developers' note: We received feedback that players were having trouble remembering the expansion switch tutorial so we simplified the action and added a second way to switch expansions.
Clarified the region and character select flow.
- Developers' note: We changed the flow based on feedback to help clarify and resolve the wrong region being selected versus having no characters in a region.
Fixed an issue where news articles didn't show content when the phone's language did not match the article's language.
Fixed an issue with duplicate Missions and Callings.
Various updates to Adventures.
To view all content update notes, click here
.For World of Warcraft customer support, please visit our Support Site
or our Customer Support discussion forum
. If you've found a bug, please let us know about it in our Bug Report Forum
.Back to Top